Lucy has gone down to one nap a day, and it has worked perfectly for her to sleep at church in an empty classroom from 12-3! She loves playing in her daddy's office and has adjusted well to this change. When Michael comes, the plan is for me to have a swing or some sort of baby-holding-divice by my desk to help with productivity, but we will finalize all those details once he is here.
We have gone into this situation realizing the potential dangers of being "so involved" (pastor's wives can so easily become burnt out). It is such a comfort to me to know that Brad (and the elders) want to protect me and our family. I know that he will ask me to step back if I am doing too much and often tells me, "I can't talk to you about that" (hard to hear the first few times, but I'm used to it now and trust him completely). So far it's been great - but we are willing to make changes to protect our marriage, our family and our ministry.
2. Random tip for all you who
3. Tonight is the first soup night of Fall 2011 - let's just say Brad and Sarah are excited.
Love when recipes are written in my mom's handwriting. :)
4. Lucy's vocabulary is ever increasing. Last week we learned, Please "pease" and Night Night "Nigh nigh." If she sees candy of any kind she starts spewing "Pease, pease, pease?!?" :) It is hard to say no to that!
5. Little tea cups work really well to corral straight pins when in the middle of a sewing project - plus they are adorable.
6. Last week, we came home from work and it was warm in the house (due to the sun spilling in) so I pulled the curtains, in an effort to be energy efficient. Look what I saw:
I screamed and jumped onto the dining room table (I give you permission to laugh at this mental image). Thankfully Brad was home to be my hero - the mouse did escape, (yuck) but we haven't seen it since so we are hoping it escaped to the outside (we have a pier and beam foundation). I have instructed Chloe Cat to be on the alert.
7. I finished Michael's crib skirt yesterday and over the weekend a friend from church helped me surge the edges of his swaddle blankets (Thanks Sherry!!!). Here is a sneak peek of the skirt, a full reveal will come when all of his bedding is complete.
8. I have a new Pandora station addiction.
Jadon. Lavik. Wonderful.
I think I was hooked when the first song this station played was "This is my Father's World" for some reason, that song is so "fall" to me. :)
10. Fall has finally arrived in the Texas Panhandle. We could not be more excited - we have had three fires in our fireplace this past week! Yeah, we are a tad bit crazy. :)
Well, I think that is all for today - I told you this would be a bit random. :) Hope you enjoy your Tuesday!