Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lucy's 4th Birthday

This post was written in November and somehow it never got published! 

I thought it would be fun to hear what Lucy remembers about her birthday - 5 months later - she has a great memory and I love to hear how she processes memories and verbalizes her thoughts. The captions below are her words exactly

This is me when I was having waffles with strawberries on my birthday, when I poured the syrup on my plate all by myself.

And then, a little bit later, I opened presents. One of them was a new bubble machine. 

Then when I opened the next one there was a sleeping bag in it! And I love the sleeping bag. 

And then, I unwrapped my next present on my new sleeping bag I got. I laid it out so I could try it out. 
Then I got a new sleeping bag for Ellie. I still have it. 


And then, a little bit later I stood behind my poster and saw pink.

A few minutes later I had cake, after I had my lunch, with twirly flowers on it! It was all pink-pink. 

The table was all pretty, like I wanted it to be, it was all pink. (What did we eat?) Um we ate Peanut Butter and Jelly. WE had little things on the table - some breads, some peanut butters, some jellies, noodles and there was pink plates and pink cups and pink napkins AND pink cake. 

And we had pink lemonade and water too. And wine for the grown ups. And a pen that showed up black so we could write our name. 

We had a making necklaces area on my old rug with signs. 

And we had a princess crafting stuff so we could make princesses. My friends really wanted to do those things. 
Great Grandma came, Grandma came and Selah and Kayah came with their mom. And Mrs Michelle came too from Texas. 
My friend Lorelei and my fried Tamara ate by me. I was in the middle of them. 

Eating their food. 

The boys were on a blanket with Gordon, playing toys. Kayah played with Gordon a lot. 

Miss Kelly came and Aunt Amy had an elephant necklace on. 

I blowed out my candles and I ate my cake.

I was like ((blowing))

And I got a new slap bracelet watch, which I loved because it slapped on my arm. Can we look for my slap bracelet mom? I wanna wear it. 

Lorelei and Me, for a little bit, we did necklace making. 

And I got a new crown and did bubbles.

There's my new bubble machine!


When I got my ears pierced! I cried, it was sad... Haha Ellie's eyes!

~~~


Lucy Jo, 

You are always the most friendly person on the playground and one of the most particular little person I have ever met.  You have a compassionate heart and are attentive to the needs of those around you. Being your mom is a full time job that has made me cling to Jesus. You bring me so much joy. You are quick and smart like your daddy. You think well on your feet. You glows when Gordon smiles at you and call Michael “Sweetie.” Time with your daddy changes your demeanor. You and I love to read together and do crafts. I pray that your love for Jesus will overflow into a genuine love and concern for others. I love you so much sweet girl.

Xoxo,

Mommy

No comments: