Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

(Okay okay, so I know we JUST celebrated Christmas and I'm about a month late but stick with me while I catch us up! :) If you need a refresher about my goals for this blog, feel free to read this.) 

We spent Thanksgiving 2013 in Hastings with Brad's immediate family and Great Grandmas. Contrary to Michael's face above, we had a great day. (I'm learning that with every child added to the scenario  it becomes increasingly difficult to get a good picture)

 

Mama forgot her camera, but thankfully camera technology on cellular devices is pretty great these days! :) Gordon celebrated his first holiday, at 3 1/2 weeks old, and enjoyed all the cuddles and coos that were freely given him. How cute is he?! Answer: Adorable. 

Side Note: Looking back on these pictures a month later... 
I can't believe how much he's filled out!

Our daddy cooked us an equally yummy and beautiful turkey... 

...while we watched the parade and goofed off. 


I had a lot to be thankful for this year.

A God who loves me, more than I realize. 
Jesus, through whom the steadfast gospel is applied to me.  
A husband who works hard to provide for our family and values time with me. 
THREE kids who are healthy and all-around wonderful (even though their "wonderfulness" is sometimes hard to spot).
The fact that "the Church" is a global entity of people who follow Jesus and is not contained to one location.
A safe move to Michigan from Texas. 
The Lord's provision, in so many ways, as we await the sale of our Texas home. 
Our rental house in Lansing. 
A community of believers in Lansing who love Jesus and live out grace. 

No comments: