Monday, August 24, 2009

The beginning of the end

When I was little, we read a book called "The Very Last First Time." Its a cute book about a little Eskimo girl who goes and searches for Mussels when the tide is out. She knows as she is setting off on her adventure that she will never do it again for the first time. I have been feeling kind of like this. Except I am beginning the end.

Tomorrow I start the last semester of my Undergraduate education. It is exciting - I am looking forward to completing my degree. It is sad - I do not want to stop learning. And although I know that I will continue learning after school, I can't help but think I will never do it again (at least for the first time). I thank the Lord for the amazing gift of learning, and I pray I will never stop.

We had a great weekend! It was a great mixture of productivity - both inside the house and out - resting together and having fun. There were lattes, steaks, burritos and Oreos. There was alone time and friend time. And there was AMAZING weather. Saturday the high was in the 60s, we opened all the windows and smiled as the fresh breezes wandered through the house. It was wonderful to wake up on Sunday morning and not want to get out of the warm cocoon of bed. Fall is coming - and we are excited.

I posted my spring school schedule on the blog, here is my fall schedule:

(You can click on it to make it bigger) Color coded - as always.... it is a very sectioned off schedule - I think it will work out well. So this next week we will be getting into our fall routine. Brad's schedule is still much more simple than mine - he works 7-3:30 and has small group and Awana with me on Tue and Wed evenings. It is so great to be able to head to work/school together in the morning! And most days I am able to go home with Brad too - with Monday and Fridays being the exceptions.

It is amazing to me that every year - about this time - the great hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" is sung at a service I am attending. Most notably, I remember singing it in Fall 2006 when I first came to Moody. We sang it again yesterday at church - what a great reminder that throughout all of our life, God is faithful. He does not change. Through every season. Through every adventure or trial. He is faithful.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not;
as thou hast been thou forever will be.

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand hath provided;
great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
sun, moon and stars in their courses above
join with all nature in manifold witness
to thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

I hope you are reminded of God's amazing faithfulness today - may you have strength for today and a bright hope for tomorrow.

Love,

Sarah

1 comment:

kate said...

Hey Sweet Sarah,

I had such a wonderful time hanging out with you and Brad this weekend. Our circle of friends can make me laugh harder than anyone on earth and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'll be praying that you'll have a great last semester at Moody. I know there will be times when it will trying and you'll think, "I just can't wait for this to be over," but I promise when it is over there will be days you'll miss it. Try to drink it in as much as you can. :0)

Thank you (& Brad) for your amazing hospitality this weekend.

Love you two,
Kate