Friday, June 17, 2011

Fixin' Up Friday: Front Room Wall

Hello All,

We inturrupt the normal scheduled programing (Lucy's birthday) for a special post. Because 1) it is Friday and 2) I can not wait to share this with you!

I have been wanting to do a family gallery wall for some time, and always thought it would go in a hall way, but when we moved our love seat into the front room the wall above it was calling to me!


 Do you hear it? "Sarah! I'm so bare! Decorate me!!!!"

 So when I couldn't bear it any longer, I laid out an arrangement on the floor, you can see a little bit of it in the lower left, and figured out what I needed (mats, frames, pictures ect.)

I actually had all the frames I needed, a few needed some black spray paint to look cohesive with the others and I needed two mats (which a friend picked up for me in Amarillo) and a few black and white pictures (which I got really quickly thanks to Wal Mart 1 Hour Photo). All of this prep lead to:
 Ta Da! Our family gallery wall!

 We start on the top left, one of my favorite wedding pictures, then to the right and bottom if it are the most recient family pictures we have of my family (thanksgiving 2010) and Brad's family (just last month) respectively. My friend Amy Kruska gave me the "K" because she ended up with two - and I think it adds the perfect texture (with the ribbon) and personality to the wall. :) 

 On the other half of the arrangement we have a family picture, a neat scripture verse with "LOVE" letter pictures and Lucy's baby pictures (from 2 weeks old, taken by me). 

I love it!

It will be so fun to see how this gallery wall expands and evolves over the years - we already need an updated family picture and eventually there will be another baby to photograph.... I can't wait. 

Do you have a gallery wall in your home? Where is it? Has it changed over the years? Or is yours a recent addition to the family, like mine. :) 

1 comment:

The Moody Newlyweds said...

Oh! I've been wanting to do the same thing for so long. Right now what we do is put family group pictures in small stand up frames on our sofa console/bookshelf. And some on the buffet. And some on the side table. These will need to be all moved as James gets more mobile, but for now they work great! He loves looking at them and laughing!