Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sibling Introductions

Michael was born at 12 o'clock, noon, so the timing worked out perfectly for Lucy to come meet her brother after her nap.

 Never before has my little girl seemed so big to me. 

 "Lucy! This is Michael! He's here sweet girl!"

 Me and my kiddos :)

 Meeting Grammy, my mom. :)

 Mom came into town on Sunday the 11th and was a welcome distraction for her "I-really-don't-want-to-be-pregnant-anymore" daughter. Lucy loved loved loved having her here and quickly started calling her "Gammy." I was able to go through labor without worrying about where Lucy was or how she was doing because my mom had been with us for a few days and had participated in our routine so she knew what was "normal" for Lu.  

I put off giving Michael his first bath because 1) I knew my mom would be thrilled to do the job and would consider it an honor :) and 2) I thought it would give me a few minutes of cuddle-with-Lucy time, hopefully communicating to her that "Mommy still loves you even though there is another little one in our family now." Part of my plan worked - the first part. Lucy wasn't so excited to cuddle with her mom, no surprise in retrospect - she has never been a cuddler. :) 

 Grammy did a great job! 

Side note: I love my mom's hands - I think they are beautiful.  

All clean! 

 Just observing - I love Lucy's profile in this picture. 

 Hug

 Going in.... for the kill?

Thankfully not. :) Kisses all around! 


 Lucy kept eye contact with me for the first 10-15 seconds of "holding" Michael, almost like she was afraid to acknowledge his presence. 

She really wasn't too sure what to think, but looking at him is a step in the right direction. :) 

We captured this interaction on video too - please note how she communicates she is "done" holding the baby:


 Our family of FOUR! 

Resting after Grammy and Lucy left - because meeting siblings is exhausting work! 

4 comments:

Drew and Rachel said...

GOOD JOB SARAH! and coach Brad!
You're really not letting on how awful labor is here...you must be very strong. I think you are! Not to mention beautiful.
He is a wonderful little man! Congratulations to the whole Kidder Addington family!

kate said...

I had to laugh at the part in the vid when Lucy got ready to get up so she just gave her brother a little push. Thank goodness for Grammy!

courtney linn said...

So happy for you.:)

Elise said...

Love from the Redfields! My mom can t get over how beautiful Sarah is. She just keeps saying "she was always a beautiful girl, but she is just SO gorgeous!" can't wait to catch up!