The end of January/beginning of February is traditionally a good time for Pastors and their families to travel, the busy holiday season is over and preparations haven't yet started for Easter. :) We took advantage of this time slot and took a 2.5 week (!!!) trip up north.
After lots of planning and packing (we were shocked it all fit in our car!) we were off!
First stop: Minnesooooota!
We were honored to stay at my sister Jana's house - the first time I've stayed at one of my siblings houses (so fun!). It was so interesting to see all the things we do the same - because that's how mom did them - for example, reusing the drier sheets. :) Jana's home is beautiful, so cozy and welcoming - we truly enjoyed our stay and really appreciate her hospitality. Thanks J! :)
- Michael tried sitting in Lucy's hippo chair - he did pretty well but decided he didn't like it soon after this picture was taken.
- Lucy attempts to give Michael his "paci" because he was "sad"
- Lucy succeeds. :)
- Michael meeting Uncle John (My mom's brother)
- Charissa and Michael (Charissa, my cousin, played piano at our wedding!)
- Michael and Aunt Jana
- Lucy and Uncle John with Ellie
- Jessie and Zola (My cousin and her daughter)
- Zola LOVED Lucy's sunglasses and literally shook with excitement about them - absolutely adorable. :)
Jana kindly hosted a get-together at her home one evening and Grandma and Grandpa Chisholm came to meet Michael and see Lu. It was wonderful to catch up... sometimes it's hard living far far away from family, but it does make visits very special.
- Meeting Great Grandma Chisholm
- Great Grandma held Michael's attention for quite some time, no surprise though - Grandma has such a peaceful voice, Michael loved it!
- Great Grandpa Chisholm and Michael :)
- Reading one of our favorite books Lucy, Zola and Grandpa
We had brunch with my dad's parents one morning while in Minnesota - Grandma's caramel rolls are always such a treat! :) We always leave Grandma and Grandpa Addington's house feeling encouraged and very loved.
- Lucy and Great Grandpa Addington - Lucy asked that he help her put her shoes on Ellie
- Lucy and Great Grandma Addington - All Lucy needs is a warm lap, Ellie and a book and she is occupied.
- Great Grandma and Michael
- Great Grandpa and Michael
We went to Aunt Joy and Uncle Jason's for dinner one night - and they had a little party planned for Brad, whose birthday was a few days before, so sweet!
- Uncle Jason and Michael
- Michael and Cousin Mara - Michael is all swaddled up here, so cute!
- Brad's mini-party, apple turnovers and coffee - PERFECT! :)
- Aunt Joy and Michael
Next Stop: Chicago!!!!