Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Going Home

In keeping with our MO, we were itching to get out of the hospital as soon as we were able. We received wonderful care while there and were very thankful for the time we were able to spend resting and getting to know Gordon without the distractions and responsibilities of home, but at the 24 hr mark, we were ready to return to our space. :) 

So we got our little-big lad all dressed 


He JUST fit into his outfit - it was almost too small! Never did I think this would be an issue for one of my children! (If you remember, Michael was swimming in his going-home outfit!)

All tucked into his seat in the car - a better response than his sister! He was disgruntled, but didn't fuss. :) 
Look at those precious cheeks!

Home sweet home! 

There was quite the welcome crew awaiting us! Dad Kidder headed back to Hastings so he could work for the afternoon and we, after Michael's fiftieth request started on the "hugs."
Such thrill. 


My boys! I can't believe I have TWO sons! 

My big helper girl. 


All three of my guys - Lucy and I are lucky gals! :) 

Gordon and I spent the afternoon (and the next day) chilling out on the couch with the heating pad on my back, working on nursing. :) We watched the live streaming simulcast of the Resurgence conference - it was a really encouraging and restful way to spend our first days at home. Brad was so so helpful, taking care of the older two kids and going above and beyond with keeping the house tidy and picked up.

My recovery after Gordon's birth was so much better than with Lucy or Michael. By Friday, after my mom arrived - I was up for lunch out at Chipotle and a trip to our favorite grocery store, although I did feel like I hit a wall after walking around the store for 15 minutes - it was humbling to admit that I needed to get back home and sit. My mom's arrival and presence for those first days of figuring out what our new normal was going to look like was so helpful... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Pictures of Gordon's visitors are coming up soon! :) 

No comments: