Today I am participating in (cue sport's announcer voice):
I'm so excited! :) I love reading both Young House Love and Bower Power - two of my favorite blogs - and it's been fun to think about actually DOING an art project I've pinned on Pinterest and not just thinking about it. :)
My idea originated with this pin,
Michael's room is in need of some decorating and I thought I could use this idea/tutorial as a jumping off point for an "M" themed piece of art.
- Canvas: Already owned and re-used (it was a failed painting from awhile back) Free
- Crayons: Were in the throw-away pile in the church craft area Free
- Candles and Lighter: Already on hand Free
- TOTAL: FREE!! I love projects that are f.r.e.e!
So while this project was free for my wallet it was not free when it came to time! It took about 6 hours to complete it, but it was a mindless activity once I got the hang of it - I completed it during a baseball game, a chat with a friend during nap time and evening alone at home. :)
I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I really like polka dots and this texture brings them to mind.
Layered colors.... might be my new favorite thing. This project has me thinking about how I can incorporate more layers of color into my home.
Check out what the link-party hosts did in responce to this challenge!
- Katie @ Bower Power (My kids need this)
- Sherry @ Young House Love (Loved her go-with the flow attitude when working on her projects!)
- Kate @ Centsational Girl (I've been thinking Brad and I need to tackle a carpentry project together... hm)
- Michelle @ Ten June (SUPER CUTE!!!)
Have you made any art pieces for your home lately? Anyone else addicted to Pinterest?