Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Getting My Crayon On

Today I am participating in (cue sport's announcer voice):

 
 I'm so excited! :) I love reading both Young House Love and Bower Power - two of my favorite blogs - and it's been fun to think about actually DOING an art project I've pinned on Pinterest and not just thinking about it. :)

My idea originated with this pin, 



Michael's room is in need of some decorating and I thought I could use this idea/tutorial as a jumping off point for an "M" themed piece of art.

Project cost:
  • Canvas: Already owned and re-used (it was a failed painting from awhile back) Free
  • Crayons: Were in the throw-away pile in the church craft area Free
  • Candles and Lighter: Already on hand Free
  • TOTAL: FREE!! I love projects that are f.r.e.e!

So while this project was free for my wallet it was not free when it came to time! It took about 6 hours to complete it, but it was a mindless activity once I got the hang of it - I completed it during a baseball game, a chat with a friend during nap time and evening alone at home. :)

I'm really happy with how it turned out!  


 I really like polka dots and this texture brings them to mind.

Layered colors.... might be my new favorite thing. This project has me thinking about how I can incorporate more layers of color into my home.


Check out what the link-party hosts did in responce to this challenge!
Have you made any art pieces for your home lately? Anyone else addicted to Pinterest? 

No comments: