Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Inconsistent



I had an interesting conversation with Lucy last Saturday.

L: (putting her spoon in her big girl water glass) "My spoon go here?"
S: No Lu, your spoon doesn't go in your cup - you can put it in your bowl or on the table.
L: Oh

A few minutes later

L: (Looking at me out of the corner of her eye, puts her spoon in her cup)
S: Lu, I just asked you to not put your spoon in your cup - if you do it again, I am going to put your water in a sippy cup.
L: But mamma put her spoon in her cup? (Said in her sweet, voice-dripping-with-honey-voice - yes, she is 2 and already has this voice down pat.)
S Thinking: Touché daughter - great I have double standards....
S: OH!!! Lucy you're right, Mamma does stir her coffee with a spoon don't I.

Honestly I don't remember what I said next, but I knew in that moment that this wouldn't be the first time Lucy pointed out an inconsistency in my parenting.

Things have been quiet around this here blog for about three months now. This has not been intentionally, it has just happened. Life has been a bit busy, Grandma Buning (Brad's mom's mom) lets me know that she misses updates on the blog, but understands I've got more on my plate with two little ones now. I miss updating the blog too! And I really hope to be better at this whole blogging thing - but honestly... I will probably continue to "blog binge" as Brad calls it - posting a TON in a short period of time. :)

I've been asked by a few people why I don't just post fun things as they happen and then go back and post things from the past. It's a good question and my response is always this: I hope to someday have my blog published into a book for our family - I see it as a sort of modern-scrappbook - and I really want to have everything in chronological order for that reason. :)

I got a fun (very early) birthday present though, that is hopefully going to help me be a bit more consistent with this hobby of mine.

Isn't she pretty? 

My computer is full of unpublished pictures and I've been keeping pretty good notes to recount our memories from the past few months. So get ready friends, we are going to take a trip back to July over the next few days and work our way toward the present. :) 

Are you ready?

No comments: