Monday, November 26, 2012

Kidder Kid Conversations

This is the first in a new series that we will be doing here on the blog, featuring funny* things our kids say. I got this idea from my cousin Kim and her family and thought it was a great idea to keep track of what the kids say and record them for others to enjoy.

*Funny, defined by what makes us laugh. We hope it does the same for you. :) 

So without further ado, here are some funny Kidder Kid Conversations: 

Sarah: "Lu, how many ears does Grandpa have? Can you count them?"
Lucy: "One... Other one!"

Lucy: "I need help putting on my shoe"
Sarah: "Do you want to be Cindarella and see if your shoe fits?" (We tried her shoe on and it fit perfectly, I told her she could be a princess and marry the prince!)
Lucy: "I need a dress!" (Said in a very matter-of-fact way)

Grandpa: "Michael you're a genius!" 

Lucy: "I want to be a genie!"

(Getting out of the car at a hotel on one of our road-trips)

Lucy: "Yeah! Hey it's my birthday!"
Brad: "No it isn't your birthday."
Lucy:  "It sure is my birthday."

Aunt Amy: "Lucy please apologize to Michael for kicking him."
Lucy: "Michael I'm sorry you were in my way."

I had told Lucy that she was a distraction to Michael while I was nursing him and she needed to go into the living room to play. A few minutes later she peaks her head around the corner and says "I am a distraction!"

Lucy, looking at the moon: "The moon is full of candy! Silly moon."

Sarah: "Well aren't you little miss picky!"
Lucy: "I'm not miss Piggy, I'm Lucy and I'm 2 years old."

Brad: (responding to Lucy's sassy attitude) "I was correcting your grammar Lu"
Lucy: "I want a graham cracker right now."

Lucy: "Oranges are tasty and orangey and juicy!"

Brad: "Sar, where did you get that a.p.p.l.e j.u.i.c.e?"
Lucy: "Pee pee? Ellie? She sits on her toilet."

Lucy: "Amy texted me"

Brad: "Oh really?"
Lucy:"Ya, and I text her to bring me some kiss-pex" (crispex) 

(Lucy came over to the sewing machine while I was working on a project)
Sarah: "Lucy, please do not touch the buttons on Mommy's sewing machine - this is not a toy for you and you are not to touch it okay?"
Lucy: "Yeah, and I'll get one when I get married?"

No comments: